How we made TV history with Matt & Kim to the Rescue
In just four short days we made history.
Not just history for one deserving family but TV history with the biggest home renovation ever seen on Australian television.
It was all part of Summit Homes Group’s ongoing work with Matt & Kim to the Rescue, and this time history was made for the deserving Flavelle family.
Their home went from this…
And it was all made possible thanks to our pioneering advancements in modular construction, a whole heap of hands and a lot of heart! Using fully engineered Australian steel built in Summit’s onsite facility in Myaree, we were able to build an extra 80m2 of space for the Flavelle family in just matter of days and install it on their home in just a matter of hours.
The home was built to the highest standards in a controlled environment and then driven to the Flavelle family home on the back of a truck.
And that’s when the magic really happened.
Take a look…
The magic didn’t stop there though. Other improvements we gave this deserving family included:
- Opening up their entire home so that the kitchen, living and dining areas became one huge social and welcoming space, made even better with the extensive use of glass which lets natural light flood the home;
- Adding a huge activity zone for Hugo and Angus and totally revamping both bedrooms for maximum comfort;
- Integrating the indoors with the outdoors for seamless year-round living;
- Making the home wheelchair friendly with more space, wider passages, remote controlled doors and installing the necessary disabled items in the new family bathroom;
- Two new bathrooms – a massive ensuite for Peter and Simone and a forward-thinking disabled bathroom (including the “disco shower” as described by Simone) for Hugo and Angus;
- Creating a dedicated guest wing as a haven for when carers stay at their home;
- Converting the entrance into a gallery to display Pete’s striking artwork and sculptures as well as building a dedicated studio for Peter to keep creating (see more at www.pflavelle.com.au);
- New elevation and carport at the front of the home to improve street appeal; and
- Total overhaul of the gardens with landscaping including a pool and cabana and chill out zones.
As our Building Manager Jeff Edgar said: “It was an incredibly busy four days but at Summit we’re Built Around People so giving back to the community is something we love to do.”
But the final words end with Simone Flavelle on behalf of her stunned family: “OH. MY. GAWWWWD!”
To learn more about modular construction and how you can have a new home built just like the Flavelle’s, visit www.summithomeimprovements.com.au